First and foremost, we would like to thank the Presidency, Ministry of Finance, the Finance Committee of Parliament, the Board and Management of the National Lottery Authority(NLA) for their respective positive actions and results-oriented decisions on the various petitions we submitted to them.
The CVM would like to state on record that we have withdrawn our Petition against Mr. Kofi Osei-Ameyaw, the Director-General of NLA and we are now at peace with the Board and Management of the National Lottery Authority(NLA) due to the:
1. NLA resolution to accept to legalize and regulate the operations of Banker-to-Banker Lottery in Ghana in accordance with the vision of President Akufo-Addo.
2. NLA resolution to suspend the implementation of the Lotto Courts which were established by the Former President John Mahama in 2013/2014. NPP Government has no business to implement the bad policies of the NDC Government.
3. NLA acceptance to create and subsequently launch their own Platform in November 2017.
4. NLA resolution to re-introduce the 25% Commission in November 2017.
5. NLA decision not to pay the GHS 15,000, 000 & GHS 87, 000, 000 to Merlin Gaming Ghana Limited as judgement debt.
6. NLA resolution to paid into the Consolidated Fund on monthly basis and also refrain from taking monies from the Consolidated Fund to pay the deficit in the Lotto Account.
7. NLA resolution to transfer all the NDC Mafia Cartel at the NLA who does not share the vision of President Akufo-Addo.
CVM will continue to monitor, evaluate and criticize the performance of Mr. Kofi Osei-Ameyaw, the Board and Management of the National Lottery Authority in order for them to work strictly in accordance with the vision of President Akufo-Addo.
Razak Kojo Opoku
(CVM Founder & President)