Kessben 93.3 FM – A new wave of excellence in radio
Kessben 93.3 FM is a member of the Kessben Group of Companies in Kumasi, Ghana. The radio station began its test transmission in October 2004 and went commercial in November 2004.
Kessben 93:3 FM’s main objectives are:
- to provide information and entertainment in a broadcast style that suits our target listeners
- to help address issues pertaining to our listeners.
As our tagline states, Kessben 93.3 FM’saim is to inspire ‘a new wave of excellence in radio’, bringing art and professionalism to radio presentation in the Ashanti region and beyond.
Kessben 93:3 FM reaches a wide audience, from rural illiterate and semi-literate adults through to sophisticated literate adults in Kumasi and surrounding areas.
Here are some interesting statistics:
– Two transmission towers relay signals over a 250km radius from the centre of Kumasi
– The total land area we cover is about 118,500km2
– Between 60% to 100% of six regions in Ghana and between 10% to 20% of the Greater Accra and Northern Regions receive our signal
– We attract an adult radio audience of over 1 million listeners
– Our website gets an average of 1.2 million hits every month
Our range of well-researched shows, including religious, sports, news and music programmes, suit a variety of listeners.
Currently, our most popular programmes are:
- ‘Aseda Mmre’ – An early-morning gospel music programme, also featuring inspirational messages.
- ‘Oseikrom Maakye’ – A morning interactive talk show spiced with sports, music and newspaper reviews.
- ‘Mid Field Action’ – A mid-morning sports discussion programme designed to raise hot issues in the local and international sports arena. The flagship of the station, this programme has received mentions in newspapers and is one of the most listened-to programmes.
- MOGPA – A prayer and intercessory session with Reverend OB (Osei Bonsu)
There are also programmes focusing on social well-being and development, tradition and culture, women and children, and music shows for both the young and old.
We review our shows periodically to ensure that their focus and objectives are being met. They are also adapted to the latest trends and listeners’ requirements.
Kessben 93.3 FM is ably managed by experienced professionals with qualifications and extensive experience in the industry.
Chief Executive Officer
Stephen Boateng (or Kwabena Kesse as he is widely known) is Kessben 93.3 FM’s Chief Executive Officer. Mr Kesse is responsible for the strategic direction of the station.
Mr. Kwabena Kesse holds a first-class honours degree in Economics and Law and a Master of Business Administration majoring in Finance from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
The CEO is the Director of the Kessben Group of Companies: Kessben 93.3 FM, Aseda TV, Kessben TV, Kessben Travel and Tours, Kessben Driving School, Kessben Shipping and Forwarding Ltd, Kessben Computer School, Fosua Hotel, Kessben Consult (Estates) and Aseda Clinic. He is also the majority share-holder in Multi Credit Savings and Loans Ltd.
The General Manager/Business Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of the station. The current Manager has been involved since the birth of commercial radio in Ashanti and has played and continues to play a key role in shaping the economic viability of the industry on several fronts.
The station also has managers overseeing Programmes, News, Sports, Marketing and Finance/Administration. Kessben 93.3 FM has assembled the cream of presenters and other professionals from across the country.
Kessben 93.3 FM operates an ultra-modern semi-automated studio which can run unattended for seven days with different programmes and inputs at scheduled times. This is on the cutting edge of the industry and ensures that clients are adequately catered for and that there is business continuity.
A second studio, which is used for production, enables the station to run live programmes with a larger number of resource persons and a live audience.
Kessben 93.3 FM’s entry into the industry can best be described as the dawn of the new dimension to serious radio. The station’s aim is to deliver an outstanding level of service to our listeners, as well as the corporate bodies, institutions, organisations, groups and individuals who advertise or promote their businesses through us or support us in other ways.
Aware of the ever-changing world of technology and the demystification of satellite radio transmission, Kessben 93.3 FM, in collaboration with its partners, is poised to confidently reach for ever-greater heights of excellence in radio.