Suspected killers of Nkwanta South DCE to face prosecution

Persons arrested in connection with the gruesome murder of the former District Chief Executive for Nkwanta South in the Volta region, Peter Kojo Kenyenso, are said to be facing prosecution by the state.

The late DCE was shot dead by unknown assailant(s) at his official residence in Nkwanta on the evening of Monday, November, 3 2014 and investigations by personnel of the Homicide unit of the Ghana Police Service has led to the arrest of the suspects.

One year down the line, very little has been heard of the case by anxious residents.

But speaking to Starr news, the Volta regional minister Helen Ntoso has revealed that, nine of the suspects have been granted bail by the court whiles four others are on remand in prison custody.

“About 12 people were arrested and they have been taken to court. About 9 have been granted bail but I know that 4 are still in prison custody. I’m told that last week they were in court and their next appearance is in December,” Madam Ntoso told Starr news’ correspondent Lambert Atsivor in an interview.

She further stated that “the police are still investigating and it’s about one year now, so if they are still keeping some people, it means they have found something about them.

But since the case is still in court, we have crossed our fingers and waiting patiently for the outcome of the case.”

On the appointment of a substantive DCE for the area, the regional minister who also doubles as the acting DCE said, some prospective candidates have been shortlisted to the presidency, “so we waiting for the president to come out with the one he has decided to appoint.”



Source: Ghana/StarrFMonline