Ronaldo walks out of Real Madrid press conference in Rome

Cristiano Ronaldo walked out of a Champions League press conference in Rome on Tuesday after questions about Barcelona’s front three.

The Real Madrid superstar left a grinning Zinedine Zidane to finish the media duties on his own after becoming irritated by questions over his relationship with Gareth Bale and his recent goalscoring record away from home.

Real take on Roma in the first leg of their last-16 tie at the Stadio Olimpico on Wednesday, and Ronaldo was the player chosen to attend the press conference along with his manager.

The Portuguese was asked whether the apparently close bond between Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez was the reason for a combined goals total 22 better this season than that of himself, Bale and Karim Benzema.

“That’s what you say,” Ronaldo said. “When I was at Manchester United with Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Rio Ferdinand, we only said ‘good morning’ and ‘good night’ and we were formidable on the pitch.

“We don’t give each other kisses and hugs. I don’t have to go to dinner with Bale or Benzema or invite them to my house. What’s important is our understanding on the pitch. Little meals or kisses and hugs don’t mean anything.”

Asked about Messi setting up Suarez from the penalty spot at the weekend he said: “I know why he did it, and I’m not saying anything more.”

Ronaldo then took issue with a reporter who brought up his run of four away games without a goal, getting up to leave before his answer had been translated.

He said: “Can you name one player who has scored more away from home than me since I’ve been in Spain? No, you can’t, there aren’t any. Bye everyone.”

 

 

credit: skysports