Communications person for SAVE NPP NOW, Baah Acheamfour has stated emphatically that the leadership of the NPP should prepare for an ending war within the party if the suspension of the party’s chairman, Paul Afoko turns to be true.
The group who feels disappointed has cautioned the first vice chairman of the party, Freddie Blay to halt the calling of an illegal steering committee or NEC meeting today at 10am since the National Chairman is still at post and has the sole mandate to call such meetings.
Below is the full statement
SAVE NPP NOW
It has come to our attention that the Disciplinary Committee of our dear party NPP has recommended the suspension of our National Chairman Mr. Paul Afoko.
If this information is true, then we shudder to think of the consequences that awaits our party which includes but not limited to:
1. The “Akan Party” tag and perceived hatred towards non Akans, most especially Northerners seem to have been reaffirmed.
2. Why is Paul Afoko being treated in this manner and not Kwabena Agyapong? Is it because Afoko is a non-Akan?
3. This unfortunate decision of pitching Northerners against each other won’t help the party’s course, typical example is Bugri Nabu who has overly demonstrated his dislike for Chairman Paul Afoko, hence trying to substitute Chairman Paul Afoko for Bugri Nabu won’t wash.
Besides, in the face of so many unravelled issues that need urgent attention from the party, one wonders why Afoko is rather being targeted. A few of those issues are as follows:
1. The death of our former Upper East Regional Chairman, Adams Mahama has still not been unraveled.
2. The Freddie Blay and Abankwa Yeboah secret Ecobank account saga is still pending.
3. The Afenyo Markins alleged ADB bribe case which embarassingly caused the arrest of Afenyo Markins and Freddie Blay.
3. Appointment of a competent campaign manager to manage our flag bearer properly has still not been done.
4. The issue of the voter register which is gradually setting Ewes and Northerners against us is still hanging on our neck.
5. Nana Akufo-Addo’s 2016 presidential bid is still about a year away.
It is our fervent hope that this information turns out to be untrue. However, should it be true, the leadership of our party should prepare for an unending war within the party.
They should be promised that this wanton display of illegal machinations will never be tolerated.
Was it because of this illegal suspension that they did everything they could to push Paul Afoko to join Nana Akufo-Addo in Holland to enable Freddie Blay to call for a NEC meeting and in the end suspend the Chairman?
We want to send a note of caution to Freddie Blay to halt the calling of an illegal steering committee or NEC meeting today at 10am since the National Chairman is still at post and has the sole mandate to call such meetings.
It is a pity that Freddie Blay is gradually sending NPP to the deep trenches just as he did to the CPP but he should brace himself for a very long, uncomfortable, bumby ride since he will fail massively.
Baah Acheamfour – Director of Communications,
SAVE NPP NOW