The Homebased Black Stars had their first training session at the Stade Robert Champroux in Abidjan on Wednesday evening ahead of the CHAN qualifying second leg tie on Friday.
The Ghanaian contingent which is made up 18-players, members of the Management and Technical team, arrived in Abidjan on Wednesday morning and got an opportunity to train for the first time at Friday’s match venue.
Ghana will go into the game with an advantage after winning the first leg tie 2-1 at the Kumasi Stadium two weeks ago.
In order to give Ghana a difficult game in the return encounter, the Ivorian authorities have announced free entry for fans who will be at the stadium aside the cash bonuses to the “Elephants”.
Nonetheless, Coach Maxwell Konadu and his side are hopeful of securing a positive result which would see them book a fourth appearance at the CHAN tournament to be staged in Rwanda in January.
” We got an opportunity to prepare well for this game in Obuasi and Sogakope and today we have trained on the astro pitch where the match will be played. ”
“They are a good side and will have their fans behind them because the match will be free but we came here with a gameplan and we are hopeful that it will be well executed to enable us qualify to next year’s tournament”, the Home based Black Stars coach told Ghanafa.org.
Below are the 18-man squad who travelled to Ivory Coast:
1.Richard Ofori (Wa All Stars)
2. Felix Annan (WAFA)
3. Godfred Saka (Aduana Stars)
4. Tijani Joshua (Ashantigold)
5. Abeiku Ainooson (Asante Kotoko)
6. Lawrence Lartey (Ashantigold)
7. Kadri Mohammed (Ashantigold)
8. Amos Frimpong (Asante Kotoko)
9. Samuel Tetteh (WAFA)
10. Kennedy Ashia (Liberty Professionals)
11. Emmanuel Osei Baffour (Ashantigold)
12. Malik Akowuah (Medeama)
13. Emmanuel Sabahn Laryea (Hearts of Oak)
14. Nuhu Fuseini (New Edubiase United)
15. Baba Mensah (Inter Allies)
16. Kwasi Donsu (Medeama)
17. Daniel Darkwah (Aduana Stars)
18. Joel Fameyeh ( Asokwa Deportivo)