The Akufo-Addo administration reiterates its commitment to executing the change agenda, which as assessed by some external organisations including the Economic Intelligence Unit would lead to a re-election of the administration in election 2020.
According to the EIU in its report released on May 13, 2019, Ghana on the watch of President Akufo-Addo is experiencing among others strong growth and it will be difficult for the opposition NDC under former President John Dramani Mahama, to portray itself as the better custodian of Ghana’s economy, especially as the country’s growth outlook looks fairly strong.
You recall a report was released not long ago by the Political Science Department of the University of Ghana which also presented similar outlook.
The Akufo-Addo administration views these reportsfirst as feedback which enables us to evaluate our progress of work in creating prosperity and equal opportunity for all as stated in our 2016 manifesto.
Government assures the good people of this country that it remains committed to fulfilling its campaign promises notably:
– Rebuilding a strong economy
– Developing and executing strong flagship programs
– Transforming various aspects of our national life
Specifically, government intends to
– Maintain a strong economic foundation and outlook
– Ensure political stability and security is not compromised in the short term and in the run up to 2020 elections
– Ensure that gradually more and more Ghanaians benefit increasingly from the national cake
– Guard against the risks highlighted in the report in order not to compromise on our collective progress;
For us this report is a reflection of the situation on the ground and confirms what a good number of Ghanaians already see and feel. Government will continue to study these and other reports with a view to continuing the good work and review policies where necessary.