The African soccer confederation says it has ended a ban on Guinea hosting international matches after the country was declared free of Ebola.
Health concerns forced Guinea to play its first home qualifying match for the 2018 World Cup in Morocco. CAF wrote to Guinea’s soccer federation on Monday lifting a ban which was imposed in August 2014 and applied to national and club teams. CAF says it acted after the World Health Organization confirmed last week that Guinea was clear of the Ebola virus.
Last November, Guinea beat Namibia 2-0 in Casablanca to advance 3-0 on aggregate to the final group stage in African qualifying.
Guinea resumes qualifying in October in one of five four-team groups which are scheduled to be drawn in June.