Two people have been confirmed dead after last Thursday’s renewed clash between scrap dealers and indigenes of Dagomba Line in Kumasi over a parcel of land.
The two unidentified men died after sustaining gun shot and machete wounds in a feud which began last week Tuesday.
The Public Relation Officer of the Ashanti Regional Police Command, ASP Mr Godwin Ahianyo, who confirmed the deaths to the Daily Graphic, said 120 suspects, including 15 women had been rounded up in the aftermath of the clash.
The Asokore Mampong Magistrate Court last Friday remanded the suspects in prison custody for them to reappear on July 19, 2019.
A source at the royal stool of Asem, owners of the disputed land, are also battling the Ghana Railway Company over the same land following plans to evict the illegal occupants. The occupants are being removed for the reconstruction of the old railway line.
The source has described the feud between the two groups at Dagomba Line as worthless because none of them has the right to the land.
Meanwhile, ASP Mr Ahianyo said calm had been restored and there was heavy police and military presence in the densely populated Muslim community to avert a recurrence.