UER : Police Woman commits suicide at Garu Tempane

A police woman stationed in the Upper East Regional town of Garu has allegedly committed suicide. According to eyewitness report that confirmed to kessbenfm.com the said policewoman by name Peace Agbemefo allegedly locked herself up in her room and shot herself with a gun.

According to the Garu Tempane District police commander Asp. Alexander Tieku, the incident happened Around 1:30 to 2pm this Afternoon. The district police commander added that constable Peace Agbemefo was supposed to be on Duty at the GN Bank in Garu this morning as she was booked at the the police station for that duty.


Around 6:30am  she did not report to work so the  GN, bank Manager Mr Haruna Abdul Fatawu called the  police commander requesting for police presence before they start operation, there that they starting looking for her and according to reports  she lives in compound house just at the back of Garu ITC some few meters from Garu Tempane Police station.


According to a young girl  name withheld who saw the lifeless body of Constable  Peace Agbemefo, she explained that because they all come  from the Volta Region she used to go to her for food and other things. So late last night she told her after she closed from school she should come for food so this young girl visited her and found out that Her room was locked so she called and the policewoman she never opened so she thought she was at work.

Peace Agbemefo

So she went back to her house and brought an extra key to unlock the door there she saw the lifeless body of the policeman’s lying on the floor with blood all over with bullet piercing her throat through the head that is where she  realised constable Peace Agbemefo had shot herself after also seeing a police rifle lying close to the body there the conclusion was arrived that she had indeed shot herself.

At the scene was a Knife and a rope tied  to a her room sealing. Constable Peace Agbemefo is tall, fat, fair in complexion and about 33 years old.The corpse has being conveyed to  the Regional Hospital in Bolgatanga.


Credit : Ayaaba Abdul Aziz(Quality FM Garu Tempane )