Afrobarometer conducted it’s second survey (first survey was conducted in 2017) under President Akufo Addo between 16 September and 3 October, 2019 with a sample size of 2,400 adult citizens in Ghana yielding a margin of error of +/-2 percentage points at a 95% confidence level. The survey shows that Ghanaians still prefer President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to former president John Dramani Mahama based on the following;
• The survey revealed that 61% of Ghanaians approve President Akufo Addo’s performance over the past 12 months.
• NPP leads NDC by 12 percentage points if presidential elections were held during the survey period.
• NPP will win eight (8) regions including the major swing regions such as Central, Western, and Greater Accra.
• From 2005-2017, unemployment and education have dominated as the top two major important problems faced by Ghanaians, thanks to President Akufo Addo’s Free SHS, Planting for Food and Jobs, 1D1F, massive public sector employment, the topmost problem have shifted to infrastructure.
• Infrastructure being the topmost problem of Ghanaians in 2019, just three years of the Akufo-Addo government defeats the unprecedented infrastructure slogan of John Dramani Mahama and confirms then candidate Akufo Addo assertion in 2016 that Ghana’s infrastructure especially roads are in deplorable state. Thankfully, President Akufo-Addo is tackling the infrastructure problem through the Sinohydro projects, IPEP projects, among others.
• The only Afrobarometer survey conducted during former president Mahama’s government in 2014 show that economic management is the topmost important problem faced by Ghanaians, the first time in the fourth republic. This confirms the incompetence of former president John Dramani Mahama, in managing Ghana’s economy.
• For the first time, electricity was 3rd most important problem cited by Ghanaians in the only Afrobarometer survey conducted during Former President Mahama’s government in 2014. Owing to the competence of President Akufo-Addo, Vice President, Dr. Bawumia, Energy Minister, Dr. Ben Asante of Ghana Gas, among others, electricity is no longer part of the three most important problems facing Ghanaians (Dumsor is over).
• Ghanaians endorsed the banking sector clean-up. The survey revealed 83% of Ghanaians have confidence in the banking sector after the clean-up contrary to the opinions of NDC naysayers such as Hon. Adongo, Hon. Ato Forson, Hon. Fifi Kwetey, etc.
# Former President John Dramani Mahama is empty
# The alternative is scary
#One good term deserves another
# 4more for Nana Addo
Abraham Mensah Acquah
(Polling Station Executive)
Ahanta West Constituency
#Asempa Y3 Short